|Season 1, Episode 6|
July 15, 2011
Bad RomANTs is the sixth episode of season one A.N.T. Farm. It aired on July 15, 2011.
Fletcher's advances towards Chyna go unnoticed when she focuses all of her attention on getting Gibson back together with his ex-girlfriend.
|Gibson: Okay. Fun facts! (Picks up a card) When was Gibson potty-trained?|
|Gibson: We're going to be "Best BFF Friends Forever." Or for short, "BBFFFF's."|
|Olive: Hey, Paisley! Can I interview you for the school paper?
Paisley: Sure! Ooh, nice hat! Why does it say "press?" (Slowly taps the "press" tag on Olive's hat and then steps back. After a second, she presses it again) (Whispering) It's not doing anything. Olive: Actually, "press" means that... (looks at Paisley's blank face) ...It's out of batteries.
|Gibson: Good thing I brought my "bag o' fun!" Now, don't be misled by the name "bag o' fun." It's the stuff inside the bag that's fun. (Pauses) The bag itself is actually quite dangerous.|
Gibson's grandmother is moving into her boyfriend Bob's house, leaving Gibson all alone. So, Chyna and Fletcher hang out with him to cheer him up. However, Gibson wears out his welcome, and never leaves them alone. To get Gibson to leave them alone, and to get Chyna to hang out with him, Fletcher decides to get Gibson a girlfriend. After Chyna and Fletcher find out through Augus, Gibson had a girlfriend as a child, they ask Angus to find out where his girlfriend Sophie is, and to their dismay, she is in jail. Gibson and Sophie then become a couple again, besides the fact Sophie is in jail, and Gibson is oblivious to this (He believes that Sophie lives in a mansion). Meanwhile, Lexi wants to get into the school newspaper, and Olive tells her she must do something heroic to get in it, so she and Paisley try everything to get the into the newspaper, but fails after many attempts.
- China Anne McClain as Chyna Parks
- Sierra McCormick as Olive Doyle
- Jake Short as Fletcher Quimby
- Stefanie Scott as Lexi Reed
- Zach Steel as Gibson
- Allie DeBerry as Paisley Houndstooth
- Aedin Mincks as Angus
- Katya Lidsky as Sophie
- Christain Campos as Wacky the Wolf (Not credited)
- Jadon Sand as Young Gibson
- Elizabeth Tripp as Young Sophie
- Carlon Jeffery as Cameron Parks did not appear in this episode.
- This is the first time a main character did not appear in an episode.
- The episode title, while also having to do with Fletcher's bad luck in attempting to flirt with Chyna, is the song title (although it is spelled "Bad Romance" instead of "Bad RomANTs") of a hit single by the famous pop singer Lady Gaga.
- This episode was watched by 4.0 million viewers on it's premiere night, beating "Prank Stars" by 0.1 million viewers.
- Although it was never mentioned, this episode revealed that the extracurricular Olive ended up joining was the school newspaper due to her not being able to join the End Hunger Today Club in the episode "ParticipANTs".
- In the "choking" scene, Paisley says "I have food stuck in my Snuffleupagus", a reference to the Sesame Street Character, Mr. Snuffleupagus.
- Fletcher said that Sophie's prison cell number was 24601. This is a reference to the famous play, Les Misérables, that Cameron mentioned in the episode "TransplANTed ".
- Before Gibson came into the room, Fletcher was seen stretching the nose of his "Pennyocchio" sculpture. However, when Gibson came in, he wasn't stretching the nose and he wasn't even near the sculpture.
- When Olive is taking pictures of Wacky the Wolf, her flash is on. However when Olive photographs Lexi, her flash is off.
- Gibson Go Away (u'nofficial)